KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy consistently ranks as one of the highest-performing public schools in Denver.
For the past three years, KSPA has received the highest-possible rating, “Distinguished,” on Denver Public Schools' School Performance Framework (SPF). In 2013-14, KSPA ranked as the eighth highest performing school in the district. Notably, KSPA has the highest percentage of students eligible for free and reduced price lunch (98.9%) out of all "Distinguished"-rated schools in the district.
We also evaluate success based on our students’ performance and growth on regular state and nationally-normed assessments such as the Transitional Colorado Assessment Program (TCAP). The 2013-14 TCAP results marked KSPA’s third year of consecutive growth, and it ranked in the top ten for overall growth out of all schools in the district.
In 2013-14, KSPA students significantly outperformed students at DPS-designated similar schools. For example:
• KSPA is outperforming the district for eighth grade proficiency in reading, writing, and math, and outperforming the overall state average for math and writing.
• KSPA saw the sixth-highest math growth out of all middle schools in the district.
• KSPA is outperforming the district and the state for sixth grade proficiency in reading, writing and math.
• KSPA fifth graders are outperforming both the district and the state in overall proficiency in math.
• In addition to strong growth scores, KSPA saw increases in student proficiency increases in reading and writing.
View KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy's complete report card.
Percentage of Students Who Scored
Proficient or Advanced on 2013-14 TCAP